George Ade Memorial Health Care
For George Ade Employees
The following are guidelines for George Ade Memorial employees who participate in social media. Social media includes personal blogs and other websites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube or others. These guidelines apply whether employees are posting to their own sites or commenting on other sites:
- Follow all applicable George Ade Memorial policies. For example, you must not share confidential information or proprietary health information pertaining to George Ade Memorial residents and you must maintain resident privacy, as well as follow all HIPAA guidelines and state and federal laws regarding PHI. Among the policies most pertinent to this discussion are those concerning resident confidentiality, mutual respect, Computer, E-mail & Internet Use, photography and video, and release of resident information to media or third party's.
- Write in the first person. Where your connection to George Ade Memorial is apparent, make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of George Ade Memorial. In those circumstances, you should include this disclaimer: “The views expressed on this [blog; website] are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.” Consider adding this language in an “About me” section of your blog or social media profile.
- If you identify your affiliation to George Ade Memorial, your social media activities should be consistent with GAMHCC’s high standards of professional conduct.
- If you communicate in the public Internet about George Ade Memorial or George Ade Memorial-related matters, you must disclose your connection with George Ade Memorial and your role at GAMHCC.
- Be professional, use good judgment and be accurate and honest in your communications; errors, omissions or unprofessional language or behavior reflect poorly on GAMHCC, and may result in liability for you or George Ade Memorial. Be respectful and professional to fellow employees, business partners, competitors and residents.
- Ensure that your social media activity does not interfere with your work commitments.
- GAMHCC strongly discourages “friending” of residents on social media websites. Staff in resident care roles generally should not initiate or accept friend requests except in unusual circumstances such as the situation where an in-person friendship predates the treatment relationship.
- GAMHCC discourages staff in management/supervisory roles from initiating “friend” requests with employees they manage. Managers/supervisors may accept friend requests if initiated by the employee, and if the manager/supervisor does not believe it will negatively impact the work relationship.
- GAMHCC does not endorse people, products, services and organizations. On social media websites such as LinkedIn, where your affiliation to George Ade Memorial is known, personal recommendations should not be given or requested.
- Unless approved by the IT Manager and/or the facility Administrator your social media name, handle and URL should not include George Ade Memorial’s name or logo.
- Ask the IT Manager extension 63 if you have any questions about what is appropriate to include in your social media profile(s) regarding the facility.
For George Ade Employees
Please Refer to your hand book ask your supervisor or the office if you have any questions about any of our polices and procedures.